Sunday, September 20, 2009

Halfway There..... Day 45


Day 45 (Challenge Day 10): Orange Sleeveless Top, Brown Dress Pants and Brown Round Toed Heels from Banana Republic (Outlet)
WOW! It’s been 45 days everyone and I haven’t slipped up…yet. While I was extremely chipper (and arrogant) around Day 33, I am now feeling the pain. After accepting the challenge from Eli to not repeat any clothing item for 30 days, it’s been rough….ROUGH. I must admit I’ve been late to school one or two days because I didn’t lay out my outfit the night before. It’s at the point where I need to create a file on my computer with all the outfits, so I don’t repeat accidently. The ability to put together a non-repeating outfit in 2 minutes is not a skill I’ve mastered yet. When in a rush, I have to mentally go through my closet in my head while brushing my teeth/washing my face. Because when in a rush, I want to fall back on the classics, the easy-to-go-to outfits.



It’s not all bad though. I now have an excuse to look cute no matter where I go or what I do (not that I needed much encouragement anyway).


Thanks/Acknowledgments: Shout-out to HU, where I minored in Fashion. I’m just playing about that minor, but the outfits I wore at Howard that were just plain, regular and casual make me fashionable at UM. I was never a high-heel, trendy girl who used the Yard as her runway, but I’m guessing the tendency to over-dress/dress up for everything has translated into well-dressed finally.


Also, shout-out to Ashley, my source and guide to all things fashion. When I am complimented on style, I think to myself “You have to meet my bff Ashley. She’s the fashionable one”. I know if I do need outfit creation assistance, she’s a mere phone call/text message/tweet/gchat message away.


Last but not least, I would like to thank you all for joining me in my journey. For example, Brandi who sent pictures of cute outfits. Classmates for giving me encouragement. I look forward to spending the next 45 days with you as well. Stay vigilant though. If I slip up, I’ll need your help (especially when I try to decide my self-inflicted punishment).

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Katie.. I have faith in you! Although I have to admit that thinking of an adequate punishment for any slip-ups sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've probably already thought of all the days to punish me for a slip up. I just know you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww! thanks for the shout out my love! :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli: Thanks, Eli. You're one of my main cheerleaders :)

    Ashley: No prob, Bob. And by Bob, I mean Ashley.

    ReplyDelete