Monday, August 17, 2009

Days 8-12


Sorry ya'll. Having no internet in my apt slows the blogging down, but I'm back.

Alrighty, so one of my brilliant followers (**shoutout to Liz**) suggested that I should better identify the days. I have a friend in town on vacation, so once again, lots of going-out/beach pics (I swear I'm in grad school. Just wait for this Tuesday, the fun and games pics will be done :/) So here we go.


Day 8: Jeans, my “Intelligent Sister” shirt (I collected a lot of fun shirts from my HU days), brown flip flops and some fun gold earrings.





Day 9: Yellow Adren B Tunic/Shirt Thingy with Jeans, Black Flip Flops and some very African-diaspora inspired stringed earrings. An outfit that goes straight from school to happy hour.












Then, sushi and delicious cocktails at night dinner at Hot Tuna and clubbing at Mansion on South Beach. And yes, I was hurting ‘em. *This picture was edited to protect the identity of my partner in crime this weekend*












Day 10: Beach Day!!! OMG, I didn’t take a picture. I wore a Forever 21 yellow-wrap dress over my bathing suit with brown flip flops. Then I de-sanded and put on some denim knee length cutoffs (well tight length after a dryer mishap) with the blue shirt with the crochet like detailing you see in this picture for a Happy Hour/BBQ. Oh, and the silver sandals and my favorite earrings that I get TONS of compliments on.








Then, dressed to impress (avoid cover and get free drinks) at the Fifth on SoBe in something I originally purchased to be wore as a shirt/tunic. I added some black and silver earring and wore my black pep-toe ankle strap heels. I love the things I can get away with in Miami.













Day 11: Today, I dressed for the Beach and ended up at the Mall. Darn, you Miami weather. Let’s just say a Marciano/Guess outlet is a dangerous thing. I can’t wait to wear what I bought….and I have to wait, because I can't repeat outfits and I know the perfect shoes to go with the grey/green v-neck banded dress. *no going out/costume change picture since the no-smoking law hasn’t passed in Miami and our lungs were still recovering from two nights in a row *


Day 12: The weather gods smiled upon me and my friend today so it was off to the beach. Below you'll see my favorite mens' camo cargo shorts, bandeau like top and flip flops. I also wore my blue round ambiguously ethnic inspired earrings purchased at a fair. Please excuse my crazy beach hair.

Costume change for an engagement party (that I was 5 hours late for, but since my dress was so cute, they didn’t mind). Shout out to the Clothes Swap for providing this outfit!!!Lots of compliment on the dress as well as the assets it displayed.



2 comments:

  1. thanks for shouting out my clothes swap! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome idea. Thanks for having it. More goodies from the clothes swap will definitely be appearing on the blog.

    ReplyDelete