Thursday, August 6, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic/Pack Rat/Clothes Whore


I have a problem. I like to buy clothes. Pretty clothes. Work clothes. Casual clothes. Going out clothes. Clothes on sale. Anything red or lacy also tend to be a problem. I like to buy multiple items in different colors. I love shoes....esp heels ( though I tend to wear the same 3 pairs of flat sandals).

This problem became clear when I began to pack this summer to move to another apartment (lower rent so I'd have more money to spend on clothes and food). I saw things in my closet I forgot existed. I realized I wear the same 2-3 week rotation of outfits regardless of the fact that I have tons of clothes. I could hear my mother "You know you could probably make it two months without repeating an outfit." **Lightbulb** Could I? Maybe I could go three months, huh. That would be a real challenge, right? And that was the birth of this idea/blog. The blog is to hold me accountable.

Now this is not a fashion blog. I will not be "doing it big" everyday/"rocking" new trends/treating life as my runway. This is a little experiment (**cough** means to justify not giving away half my clothes). But what are the rules:

1) No same shoe, top, bottom, accessory combination is allowed.
2) For dresses; different shoes and accessories are required
3) This challenge does not extend to the gym, pjs or bathing suits (though beach outfits are included).

Can you think of other rules? Come on, people. Help a shopaholic/pack rat/clothes whore out!

The picture above is yesterday's outfit. Silver Sandals, Jeans, Gigantic Purple Vest from Express and a white tank top. Teal hoop earrings. Headed to Chicago at the moment so there will be a delay on daily outfit pictures (possibly til Tuesday). Stay tuned.....

2 comments: